National Wolfwatcher Coalition
Headquarters: P.O. Box 161281, Duluth, MN 55816-1281
- See more at: http://wolfwatcher.org/donate/
The National Wolfwatcher Coalition is a 501c3 nonprofit, all volunteer organization. We ‘educate, advocate, and participate’ for the long term recovery and the preservation of wolves based on the best available science and the principles of democracy. We educate the public, advocate for science-based decision making at every level of government and participate in activities that promote citizens’ awareness and participation in the decision-making process about wolves. We are a moderate organization that seeks to (1) find common ground among all stakeholders and (2) encourage solutions to roadblocks that challenge wolf recovery.
- Teach the public about the important role that wolves play in maintaining healthy ecosystems via programs and presentations, materials, social media campaigns, eco-tourism opportunities, etc.
- Inform the public about the social and political challenges to wolf recovery
- Support measures that promote peaceful coexistence with wolves on the landscape
- Educate the public about the issues in all regions and ways it can effectively participate in the democratic process to promote science-based decision-making about wolves.
- Nurture the NWC Junior Advisory to encourage children and young adults to take an active role in conservation advocacy.
- Partner with the Wolf Conservation Center and other organizations to design, promote and implement wolf education material including curricula that addresses the common core standards for elementary, intermediate and middle schools across the nation;
- Participate in conferences, seminars, and consultation with other professionals in the field of wolf biology, research, conservation, peaceful coexistence programs and environmental law.
Board of Directors:
Nancy Warren, Executive Director and Great Lakes Regional Director
Daniel Sayre, Southwest Regional Director
Kat Brekken, Eco-Education and Tourism Director, Yellowstone
Brandi Nichols, Yellowstone Adviser
Kurt Holtzen, Ranching Outreach Coordinator
Janet Hoben, Southeast Regional Director
Cheryl Kindschy, Social Media Outreach
Candice Copeland, Social Media Outreach
Dr. Chris Albert, DVM. Veterinary Consultant to NWC