National Wolfwatcher Coalition
Headquarters: P.O. Box 752, Gardiner, MT 59030
Business: P.O. Box 84, East Greenwich, Rhode Island 02818
The National Wolfwatcher Coalition is a 501c3 nonprofit, all volunteer organization. We seek to preserve the legacy of the wolf by educating the public, advocating for science-based decision making at every level of government and participating in activities that promote the wolf awareness, and conservation. We are a moderate organization that seeks to (1) find common ground among all stakeholders and (2) encourage solutions to roadblocks that challenge wolf recovery.
We educate, advocate and participate by:
- hosting educational programs and events;
- For example, we host our annual “Project: Yellowstone” – You can learn more about it at http://wolfwatcher.org/news/all-news/project-yellowstone/ Similar trips to other destinations within the wolf’s historic range are planned in the future; we also present programs in many venues across the nation that promote wolf awareness as well as the challenges to its recovery.
- nurturing the NWC Junior Advisory and NWC University Outreach Advisory to encourage children and young adults to take an active role in conservation advocacy.
- designing and promoting wolf education curricula that addresses the common core standards for elementary, intermediate and middle schools across the nation;
- partnering with likeminded organizations to achieve common goals;
- participating in conferences, seminars, and consultation with other professionals in the field of wolf biology, research, conservation, peaceful coexistence programs and environmental law;
- using scientific research and peer-reviewed studies to evaluate and/or challenge policies, programs and plans that negatively impact wolf conservation throughout its historic range;practicing the aforementioned actions with the intention of fostering good will among all groups that share our mission and ideals.
Educate, Advocate, Participate