Why did the police ask citizens to call the emergency number in Turku wolves sighting? 5 questions the authorities about wolves and their attitude tinyurl.com/yd9ff2aw
Last Saturday, police told the instant messaging service Twitter, Turku Runosmäen and Kuninkoja wolf findings. Police urged citizens to report new findings, emergency number.
Police instructions sparked a lot of discussion on social media.
Yle Turku Facebook page (you move to another service) asked, among other things, why a wolf sighting should call the emergency number. Many comments also seem to uumoilevan that the police call to the scene would mean killing shots to the wolf.
Police instruct citizens on its website (go to another service) when the findings must be reported to the police and when other authorities. Also, the information of the police the role of the wolf issues (switch to another service) is available in more detail at the police website.
Lieutenant Joonas Dart south-western Finland police department responded to the five questions of the wolf and the police’s attitude to them.
1. Does the wolf or other beasts always call the emergency number?
– At any time safety is at risk it is right to call the emergency number. If large carnivores approaching people, occur repeatedly in the farmyard or not to remove the densely populated area is the question of the police. Other at a distance from the observations carried out, large prints, or in cases where safety is not acutely threatened, should be reported to local wildlife management association predator facilitator.
2. What are the police doing, if you find a wolf? Should we shoot it?
– as the place with the predator seeks to evict the intrinsic body of the sphere, i.e. out of the habitation area. Playing in the yard, visiting the cases can be tried also animal expulsion. This is most often used to help game management associations.
The Animal’s termination is the last resort. If the ending ends up, forced the police to do the deliberation for the safety of people and on the other hand, nature protection interests. Sometimes the animal cessation is also based on animal protection reasons.
3. How often do the police get sightings of wolves in the city, such as, for example, in Turku?
– Paw system in the last year in the Turku city area is recorded in the four visual or game camera sighting of a wolf. Two entry associated with the day before in the center of moving an animal, the two previous are the north of boat of bridge.
4. How many citizens confuse the big dogs wolves?
– it Is quite possible that a wolf strays into a populated area people. The wolf can also be mixed with the dog. Animal species identification at a distance, the short-term observation, photographs or video may be challenging.
– a Couple of years ago, the police received several notifications from the city on the run from the wolf in Rauma. The wolf the owner arrived, fortunately, I ran to the scene, called wolf by name, put a collar and leash it to his home.
5. Where animals need to call the emergency number and in what situations?
The emergency centre is intended for emergency situations where safety is threatened. In practice, people in the vicinity of the staying and moving large carnivores, such as wolves and bears pose such a security risk.
– in non-urgent situations or situations where there is already a lapse of time, sufficient notice to the local beast of a facilitator.
the beast’s liaison officer: observations of wolves there will be several a week
Beast correspondent Kari Laaksonen Turku region game management association reported that over the last years, the Turku region has been shot two wolves. The turku urban area is not a wolf shot in a decade.
It I dare say, that at least since the 1960s is the urban area are the wolf shot. Three years ago we shot one of the wolf Piikkiössä and years after the second Lieto.
in Both cases, the police requested the assistance of game management association. The valley of according to the observations of the wolf comes to the association several weeks.
– Turku racetrack of area observations of the easter time. Yesterday came the boat bridge observation. If the same animal you have, I saw it myself yesterday Ruskolla, lists Laaksonen.
Beast correspondent, this year wolf sightings have become markedly than in previous years. ... See MoreSee Less
Home Business Why did the police ask citizens to call the emergency number in... Business Why did the police ask citizens to call the emergency number in Turku wolves sighting? 5 questions the authorities about...